The art market is a complex and unregulated market place, where even sophisticated buyers require comprehensive guidance to avoid costly mistakes such as forgeries and over inflated prices.
- Buying and Selling of fine art in all sectors of the art market including Antiquities, Old Masters, Impressionists, Modern and Contemporary
- Authentication and Attribution
- Valuations of individual pieces and collections for both market and insurance purposes
- Independent Risk Assessment and loss prevention strategies
- Auction Representation and Private Treaty sales
- Logistics Management including shipping, import and export licenses, restoration, hanging, museum framing, object mounting and storage
- Collection Management including curatorial expertise, cataloguing, bespoke database management and publishing
- Art Finance; raising finance against art as collateral
- Tax and Estate Planning pertaining to art related issues
- Exclusive Access to the best of the market
- Impartial Advice; our independence from artists, auction houses, galleries and dealers guarantees impartial advice when buying and selling on behalf of clients
- Time Savings by managing all areas of the collecting process on behalf of clients with as much or as little involvement the client wishes
- Direct Savings; 1858 uses its leverage in the market place to significantly reduce transactional charges, to the direct benefit of our clients
- Reducing Risk by undertaking thorough due diligence on all transactional decisions, ensuring that potential costly mistakes are avoided. Our clients enjoy a controlled and informed decision making process.